Five daughters Bakery chain Five Girls has confirmed to ABC News that it does not allow children under the age of five into its premises.
The chain was forced to shut down following complaints about a safety breach involving its safety workers.
In a statement on its Facebook page, the chain said it had been contacted by a member of the public who “has raised concerns about safety at the location, and that safety has been breached.”
“The safety and wellbeing of our staff is our top priority, and our safety team is in close contact with the concerned family and the local police,” the statement said.
It said that it had “investigated the incident” and found that the incident had been “reported to the local authorities”.
The ABC has contacted Five Girls for comment.
A spokesperson for the Queensland Police Service said that while the matter was under investigation, they did not have information to confirm if the incident was related to the incident on Sunday.
“The Queensland Police have a duty to act when safety concerns are raised, and the police service can and does assist those concerned with safety concerns,” the spokesperson said.
“In this instance, there is no information to indicate that there is a criminal offence, and police are in the process of investigating this matter.”‘
Children’s safety is paramount’In a separate statement, a spokesperson for Five Girls confirmed that the chain had been forced to close because of safety concerns, and said that the safety team was in contact with local authorities.
“Safety and wellbeing are our top priorities, and we believe that the situation is under investigation,” the post read.
Read more about Five Girls: